|By Pat Romanski||
|December 6, 2013 11:31 AM EST||
Wowza® Media Systems has joined the Google Cloud Platform Partner Program and will offer Wowza Media Server® on the now generally available Google Compute Engine. The integration will enable fast installation, flexible billing and high quality audio and video streaming for Wowza Media Server customers.
Google Compute Engine provides infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) computing that will enable Wowza customers to run high-demand media streaming using Linux virtual machines hosted on Google infrastructure. Compute Engine offers fast computing, immense scalability and sub-hour billing to deliver top quality, multi-screen reach without the high ownership costs of in-house infrastructure.
"Google Compute Engine provides the rock-solid cloud platform and outstanding network performance you would expect from Google," said Charlie Good, CTO and Co-Founder of Wowza Media Systems. "We're proud to offer media streaming for Google Compute Engine. For Wowza customers that need to get up and running quickly, Google Compute Engine is a great option for consistent, global streaming of content to any device."
Wowza customers will be able to leverage Google Compute Engine through a bring-your-own-license (BYOL) arrangement. After an easy and straightforward setup, Google Compute Engine users will be able to deploy Wowza Media Server and its complete set of Wowza AddOns, and deliver streaming content through Google's robust global network. The granular sub-hour billing increments of 10 minutes ensures that Wowza customers pay only for what they need and use.
"Wowza Media Server provides a media streaming workflow that customers of any size, and across every segment, can utilize with Google Compute Engine," said Chris Rimer, Global Head of Partner Business, Google Cloud Platform.
Wowza customers will be able to deliver both live and on-demand streams in multiple streaming formats, including Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS), Microsoft Smooth Streaming and MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH).
Wowza Media Server on Google Compute Engine is available today. To get started or to learn more please visit www.wowza.com/google-compute-engine.
- Mdhuset Announces Real Estate Listings on Telefonkatalogen.biz Website
- Pacific Office Automation San Mateo Outlines Rationale for Streamlining Workflow Processes
- Eliot Harris Announces Campaign to Sell Your House in Marble Falls
- Publishing Synergy: Blog, Twitter and Ulitzer
- Isolator Fitness Announces Reviews and Continued Availability of ISOBAG and Related Products
- Ray Harding, Former Judge, Announces Arbitration Services In Utah
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Meal Management System ISOBAG™ Offers 10% Off Coupon To Spur Holiday Season Shopping in 2013
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review