|By Marketwired .||
|June 16, 2015 06:00 AM EDT||
TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/16/15 --
Editors Note: There is a photo associated with this press release.
Almas Jiwani will proudly carry the Pan Am flame for gender equality in sport on June 30, 2015, in Ottawa.
The Pan Am flame represents the history and spirit of the Games; it is a symbol that unites the 41 Pan American Sports Organization (PASO) member nations
"It is an honor to carry the torch for the Pan Am Games," said Almas Jiwani. "Doing so highlights our common goal: seeking equality, strength, and unity in human achievement. Gender equality goes beyond politics and business, it is integral to the lives we lead. This is why I am proud to represent women everywhere as I carry the torch for gender equality in sports.
The Pan Am Games Torch Relay is a 41-day journey that will share the Pan Am spirit in more than 130 communities. The torch relay is one of the most exciting events as it sets the stage leading up to the Games. There will be more than 3,000 torchbearers and 180 community celebrations taking place.
When: June 30, 2015
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Where: 555 Mackenzie Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, to Daly Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario.
About the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am Games Torch Relay
The TORONTO 2015 Pan Am Games Torch Relay, presented by President's Choice® and OLG, is supported by community partner CIBC, signature supporters Star Media Group and Metroland Media, Ontario Trillium Foundation and Porter Airlines, and funding parties the Government of Canada and the Province of Ontario. The torch relay will invite Canadians to celebrate and share the Pan Am spirit throughout its 41-day journey towards Toronto, the Host City of the Games.
The torch relay starts May 30, 2015, and concludes July 10, 2015, with the dramatic lighting of the cauldron at the Opening Ceremony in downtown Toronto.
The TORONTO 2015 Games are funded by the Government of Canada, the Province of Ontario, as well as Lead Partner CIBC and other partners and sponsors.
To learn more about the torch relay and when the Pan Am flame will visit a community near you, visit TORONTO2015.org/torch-relay or download the official TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games app, presented by CIBC.
To view the photo associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20150615-Day_4_Torch_Relay.jpg
Vanessa St. Louis
Host / Communications assistant , Torch Relay
Corus Quay, 25 Dockside Drive, 7th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5A 0B5, Canada
416.697.7410 / [email protected]
For an interview with Ms. Almas Jiwani, please contact:
- [slides] #WebRTC Reborn | @CloudExpo @Dan_Jenkins #IoT #RTC #USaaS
- It Is Not About Security | @CloudExpo @StackIQ #AI #ML #Cybersecurity
- Surviving the Coming 'Hackerpocalypse' | @CloudExpo #API #Cloud #Security
- Both Sides of Enterprise Mobility | @CloudExpo #Cloud #Mobile #DigitalTransformation
- 9 Practical WordPress Design Tips
- Microsoft Edge with recent Windows 10 upgrade cannot access Gmail
- Mdhuset Announces Real Estate Listings on Telefonkatalogen.biz Website
- Pacific Office Automation San Mateo Outlines Rationale for Streamlining Workflow Processes
- Eliot Harris Announces Campaign to Sell Your House in Marble Falls
- Isolator Fitness Announces Reviews and Continued Availability of ISOBAG and Related Products
- Publishing Synergy: Blog, Twitter and Ulitzer
- Ray Harding, Former Judge, Announces Arbitration Services In Utah
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Meal Management System ISOBAG™ Offers 10% Off Coupon To Spur Holiday Season Shopping in 2013
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review