|By Marketwired .||
|June 18, 2015 03:00 AM EDT||
DALLAS, TX -- (Marketwired) -- 06/18/15 -- Parks Associates today announced Mario Moura, GM, Home Comfort & Energy Systems EMEA, Honeywell, will be giving a keynote address at CONNECTIONS Europe-IoT: Connected Entertainment and the Smart Home. The executive summit, which covers topics including the Internet of Things and the connected home, will be held 10-11 November 2015 in Amsterdam.
According to Parks Associates research, there were 721 million broadband households worldwide in 2014, and that number will reach 972 million by 2019. The prevalence of high-speed connections will drive the expansion of the Internet of Things in the European connected home. Among European broadband households, 17% in Germany, 22% in Spain, and 24% in the U.K. find a smart thermostat very appealing. However, EU households overwhelmingly prefer systems over individual devices, so interoperability will be a key challenge alongside building consumer awareness.
"Smart home adoption in Europe can be maximized by offering consumers individual devices and systems that include multiple devices," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "Creating attractive and easy-to-use smart devices such as smart thermostats can be an easy entry point for consumers, service providers, and equipment manufacturers, but companies need to ensure their offerings are interoperable and expandable in order to fit within the larger smart home system. Honeywell, which recently introduced its Lyric thermostat, has decades of experience in this market, and we look forward to their insight at CONNECTIONS Europe."
Speaker submissions are being accepted. Topics include:
- Defining the Connected Home
- Innovative Partnerships
- Consumer Value Propositions
- New Disruptions to the Video Industry
- Standards and Interoperability
- Wearables and Connected Health Opportunities
- OTT and Pay-TV Bundles
- The Next Market Opportunities on the TV Landscape
- Evolution of Content Access
- Integrating IoT into Smart Home Platforms
- Next-Gen Consumer Support
- Integrating OTT Content with Service Provider Platforms
About CONNECTIONS Europe
CONNECTIONS Europe is the leading annual executive conference on the connected home and IoT ecosystems. The two-day event features consumer research and high-level analysis on connected devices and services, new and innovative business strategies and partnerships, and critical challenges in driving consumer adoption of entertainment, smart home, and IoT solutions.
- [slides] #WebRTC Reborn | @CloudExpo @Dan_Jenkins #IoT #RTC #USaaS
- It Is Not About Security | @CloudExpo @StackIQ #AI #ML #Cybersecurity
- Surviving the Coming 'Hackerpocalypse' | @CloudExpo #API #Cloud #Security
- Both Sides of Enterprise Mobility | @CloudExpo #Cloud #Mobile #DigitalTransformation
- 9 Practical WordPress Design Tips
- Microsoft Edge with recent Windows 10 upgrade cannot access Gmail
- Mdhuset Announces Real Estate Listings on Telefonkatalogen.biz Website
- Pacific Office Automation San Mateo Outlines Rationale for Streamlining Workflow Processes
- Eliot Harris Announces Campaign to Sell Your House in Marble Falls
- Isolator Fitness Announces Reviews and Continued Availability of ISOBAG and Related Products
- Publishing Synergy: Blog, Twitter and Ulitzer
- Ray Harding, Former Judge, Announces Arbitration Services In Utah
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Meal Management System ISOBAG™ Offers 10% Off Coupon To Spur Holiday Season Shopping in 2013
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review