|By PagerDuty Blog||
|October 18, 2016 12:00 PM EDT||
https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html_email-267x300.png 267w, https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html_email-768x864.png 768w, https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html_email-910x1024... 910w, https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html_email-222x250.png 222w, https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html_email-160x180.png 160w" sizes="(max-width: 1422px) 100vw, 1422px" />PagerDuty sends hundreds of thousands of email notifications to customers every day, providing timely insights into problems that need their attention. To make the act of getting paged not just more pleasant, but also more informative, we’ve upgraded our email system in a big way — by adding support for rich HTML emails.
With the addition of HTML emails, your email client is the place to go for incredibly rich and detailed notifications when you get paged. HTML emails feature:
- Embedded links to each incident, service, assignee, and escalation policy — allowing you to understand and triage incidents faster.
- Color-coding to help you distinguish between triggered, acknowledged or resolved incidents at a glance.
- Embedded images that put your incident images inline, showing you pertinent graphs and other visual content right from your email client.
- Full mobile email support, letting you enjoy all of the benefits of HTML emails on-the-go in your mobile email client.
- Gmail and Inbox add-ons that allow you to jump right from Gmail or Google Inbox into PagerDuty in one less click.
https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html-alert-emails-g... 300w, https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html-alert-emails-g... 250w, https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html-alert-emails-g... 180w" sizes="(max-width: 578px) 100vw, 578px" />
HTML emails make it easy to see more information about the monitoring tool alert that resulted in a PagerDuty incident, including images, charts, and graphs for a great user experience that drives down response times.
Opting-In To HTML Emails
HTML emails are now available to all customers but are not turned on by default. To opt-in and enable these new features for your notifications:
- Navigate to your profile page via the menu at the top-right of your PagerDuty dashboard.https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/myprofile-300x168.png 300w, https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/myprofile-250x140.png 250w, https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/myprofile-180x101.png 180w" sizes="(max-width: 325px) 100vw, 325px" />
- For each email address on which you’d like to HTML emails, click “Edit.”https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html-emails-edit-30... 300w, https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html-emails-edit-25... 250w, https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html-emails-edit-18... 180w" sizes="(max-width: 756px) 100vw, 756px" />
- Check the “Send HTML Emails” option, then click “Save.”https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html-emails-send-30... 300w, https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html-emails-send-25... 250w, https://www.pagerduty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/html-emails-send-18... 180w" sizes="(max-width: 570px) 100vw, 570px" />
All incident trigger and status change notifications will use HTML emails if the option is enabled for your email address.
HTML email notifications are available at no additional cost on all plans, as our goal is to enhance the PagerDuty notification experience for all our customers. We hope that you and your team find that the improved email experience enables you to shave valuable time off your response workflow.
- Mdhuset Announces Real Estate Listings on Telefonkatalogen.biz Website
- Pacific Office Automation San Mateo Outlines Rationale for Streamlining Workflow Processes
- Eliot Harris Announces Campaign to Sell Your House in Marble Falls
- Publishing Synergy: Blog, Twitter and Ulitzer
- Isolator Fitness Announces Reviews and Continued Availability of ISOBAG and Related Products
- Ray Harding, Former Judge, Announces Arbitration Services In Utah
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Meal Management System ISOBAG™ Offers 10% Off Coupon To Spur Holiday Season Shopping in 2013
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review