|By Janakiram MSV||
|March 13, 2017 11:30 PM EDT|
Last week at the Cloud Next event, the annual user conference for developers and customers, Google’s leadership team articulated the vision and the roadmap for its cloud business. With over 10,000 attendees, the event resembled Google I/O – the most popular developer conference hosted by Google.
Having gone through a major branding exercise that consolidated Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and G-Suite under Google Cloud, the company wanted to send a strong message that it is serious about the cloud.
Google was successful in establishing itself as a credible player in the cloud market. Google’s top executives didn’t miss the opportunity to pitch its cloud platform to enterprises. Though Amazon and Microsoft are ahead of the game, it is using some of its core strengths to deliver a differentiated platform to customers.
Here are the key takeaways from Google Cloud Next 2017.
Increased investments in infrastructure
Google’s chairman Eric Schmidt announced that they invested over $30 billion in building the cloud infrastructure. He referred to Snap as a customer that’s betting its business on Google Cloud Platform. Snap, which went public recently, is committed to spending $2 billion on GCP.
Google is ambitious in expanding its global footprint across Americas, Europe, and Asia. While California, Montreal, and Netherlands became immediately available to customers, many new regions including Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney, and London are expected to go live this year. Google’s Cloud will have over 15 regions and 30 zones before the end of this year. The company claims that customers run their workloads on the same infrastructure that allows Google to return billions of search results in milliseconds, serve 6 billion hours of YouTube video per month and provide storage for 1 Billion Gmail users.
Read the entire article at Forbes
- Mdhuset Announces Real Estate Listings on Telefonkatalogen.biz Website
- Pacific Office Automation San Mateo Outlines Rationale for Streamlining Workflow Processes
- Eliot Harris Announces Campaign to Sell Your House in Marble Falls
- Publishing Synergy: Blog, Twitter and Ulitzer
- Isolator Fitness Announces Reviews and Continued Availability of ISOBAG and Related Products
- Ray Harding, Former Judge, Announces Arbitration Services In Utah
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Meal Management System ISOBAG™ Offers 10% Off Coupon To Spur Holiday Season Shopping in 2013
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review